Date: 2020-02-24 18:00 UTC+1 Facilitator: Mikael Participants: Nick, Noah, Mikael
- Nick and Noah had a call about hackweek specifics
- Notes for hackweek: https://codi.kanthaus.online/hackweek?edit
- Need to go through invites and invite people :-) (Noah & Nick)
- Invite them to Slack #collective channel — good place to ask questions; easiest way for Mikael to participate helping is via Slack & random questions :-)
- Nick & Noah to organise facilitator-skill workship/skill-sharing on first day(s) at the hackweek.
Mikael to add his availability to do pairing-sessions or screensharing on the hackweek pad.
Tool to help online participants join the hackweek?
- video/chat notes?
- Better ask beforehand if there’s interest, and figure out the format only then
- To avoid technical hurdles/bad experience of live-video & chat: if you know that there are decisions being made, post a topic for discussion beforehand somewhere and gather input async, before the live meeting. That way everyone can be heard.
- Abel said: “github feels too much technical and code-oriented for my taste. I am really missing Discourse for this sweat”
- last time meta.trustroots.org was a bit of a mess, unmoderated, need a clear concept and active moderation
- tech: it’s quite resource hungry, wants 2gb memory, 10/month on DO, or less on cheaper platforms (e.g. hetzner)
- tech: other platforms less hungry (e.g. https://flarum.org/) but less mature with less community/plugins/etc
=> Mikael to contact IndieHosters? => First define concept to avoid non-moderator state like with meta.trustroots.org => Hold off from technical implementation before modarator responsibilities and purpose are sorted out.
Mikael order stickers and send to Kanthouse
Punted topics: would be good to bring some of those to async format since they might just be too wide topics for a call.
Punted topics for the next meeting:
- Mobile apps state
- Android; works
- iOS; can now be re-submitted, Mikael to own.
- Plans in future?
- why wrap trustroots in an app and not just use a browser?
- let’s make a react native app!is a lot of work though
- offline support
- Mariano mentions http://ioverlander.com/ as an app with offline support
- Nick asked a person that might be able to help with it
- references, how to move forward? (v2) (nick)
- Trustroots Plattform invitation system: pros and cons (noah and dario)
- Two initial goals 1) more people joining, and bigger portion of those to be “better quality”.
- Outcome: way less people joining, quality of experience lower, no way to measure actual member quality. Lots of time went to maintaining the feature instead of working on longer term features.
- Take the feature down, (some code still in place so that we can use it to measure “campaigns”).
- Concentrate on things that can be used to effect quality long term (e.g. refernces, sandboxing tribes)
- and being able to measure “trust metric”.
Next Date: 2020-02-09 18:00 UTC+1 Next Facilitator: