Meeting Minutes/2020-02-24

[[Wiki.trustroots.org]] is an independent wiki with information for people who are actively exchanging hospitality.
Jump to: navigation, search

Trustroots Meeting

Date: 2020-02-24 18:00 UTC+1 Facilitator: Mikael Participants: Nick, Noah, Mikael

Agenda

  • Hackweek!

    • Nick and Noah had a call about hackweek specifics
    • Notes for hackweek: https://codi.kanthaus.online/hackweek?edit
    • Need to go through invites and invite people :-) (Noah & Nick)
    • Invite them to Slack #collective channel — good place to ask questions; easiest way for Mikael to participate helping is via Slack & random questions :-)
    • Nick & Noah to organise facilitator-skill workship/skill-sharing on first day(s) at the hackweek.
  • Mikael to add his availability to do pairing-sessions or screensharing on the hackweek pad.

  • Tool to help online participants join the hackweek?

    • video/chat notes?
    • Better ask beforehand if there’s interest, and figure out the format only then
    • To avoid technical hurdles/bad experience of live-video & chat: if you know that there are decisions being made, post a topic for discussion beforehand somewhere and gather input async, before the live meeting. That way everyone can be heard.
  • discourse? (nicksellen)

    • Abel said: “github feels too much technical and code-oriented for my taste. I am really missing Discourse for this sweat”
    • last time meta.trustroots.org was a bit of a mess, unmoderated, need a clear concept and active moderation
    • tech: it’s quite resource hungry, wants 2gb memory, 10/month on DO, or less on cheaper platforms (e.g. hetzner)
    • tech: other platforms less hungry (e.g. https://flarum.org/) but less mature with less community/plugins/etc

    => Mikael to contact IndieHosters? => First define concept to avoid non-moderator state like with meta.trustroots.org => Hold off from technical implementation before modarator responsibilities and purpose are sorted out.

  • Mikael order stickers and send to Kanthouse

  • Punted topics: would be good to bring some of those to async format since they might just be too wide topics for a call.

<3

Punted topics for the next meeting:

  • Mobile apps state
    • Android; works
    • iOS; can now be re-submitted, Mikael to own.
    • Plans in future?
      • why wrap trustroots in an app and not just use a browser?
      • let’s make a react native app!is a lot of work though
        • offline support
        • Mariano mentions http://ioverlander.com/ as an app with offline support
        • Nick asked a person that might be able to help with it
  • references, how to move forward? (v2) (nick)
  • Trustroots Plattform invitation system: pros and cons (noah and dario)
    • Mikael:
      • Two initial goals 1) more people joining, and bigger portion of those to be “better quality”.
      • Outcome: way less people joining, quality of experience lower, no way to measure actual member quality. Lots of time went to maintaining the feature instead of working on longer term features.
      • Conclusion:
        • Take the feature down, (some code still in place so that we can use it to measure “campaigns”).
        • Concentrate on things that can be used to effect quality long term (e.g. refernces, sandboxing tribes)
        • and being able to measure “trust metric”.

Next meeting

Next Date: 2020-02-09 18:00 UTC+1 Next Facilitator: