Meeting Minutes/2020-06-08 Regular Meeting
< Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 22:37, 8 June 2020 by Lemoert (Created page with "= Trustroots Meeting = * Date: 2020-06-08 '''19:00''' UTC+2/CEST * Facilitator: Everyone, ish * Present: Carla, Changai, Michael, Dario, Martin, Gabriel == Agenda == * hell...")
- Date: 2020-06-08 19:00 UTC+2/CEST
- Facilitator: Everyone, ish
- Present: Carla, Changai, Michael, Dario, Martin, Gabriel
- hellos and checkin
- value priorities
- Dario thinks it better to wait until Noah is around, postponed for now.
- summary of renaming tribes videocall /Martin
- Summary of https://codi.kanthaus.online/s/renamingtribes#
- Three new name suggestions, mockup available both on pad and in Slack channel.
- sexual abuse case - Support issue transparancy
- summary: /dario
- someone reported another member of sexual abuse, years ago, unrelated to TR
- believing the victim and protecting them and the community vs wrongly excluding someone (much less likely, we think)
- looking into the messages only with consent vs. not making the victim feel as if we wouldn't believe them
- input / feedback:
- simply "believing the victim" doesn't scale – but whats the alternative?
- suggestion to only act upon a police report
- keep in mind that most sexual abuse cases are not reported to police out of fear /dario
- vouching feature
- summary: /dario
- update from the mobile side of things /Michael
- we had a code introduction meeting yesterday
- smoothly going forward
- Android & iOS public betas approved
- Design is being worked on - happy for any input!
- Still confident to bring a viable beta to live in ~2 weeks :)
- can we add the app to our existing fdroid repo? /dario
- pick facilitator for next meeting
- random question
- integrate riot? integrate the matrix protocol without riot? /chagai
- proposal to simply set up a matrix instance on trustroots servers now
- later on:
- integrate matrix protocol in trustroots, at first without federation
- instant messaging instead of waiting 15 mins for cronjob
- include matrix's messaging features like "liking a message", "answering to specific messages"
- how to handle safety stuff then?
- action points:
- bring it up again in a more tech-y meeting, also when Mikael is present who implemented messages
Action points and outcomes
Next Date: June 15, 18:00 (presuming we're alternating 18:00 and 19:00) Next Facilitator: Martin? (Not all too trustworthy schedule, if somebody else can it'd be great..)
- The value priorities discussion will be held at a future meeting.
- Alternatives for new Tribes name available in Slack and the pad, discussions as to which one is best suited should be held once a good number of opinions are on the pad.
- Preparing workflows for difficult support cases and potential ways to block a member could be useful. (Is the blocking feature something we're already working on? /Martin)
- It might be an idea to look into something similar to the CS vouching feature in the future.
- Michael is happy to get feedback on the mobile design. Beta likely live in about 2 weeks(!)
- Riot integration should be brought up again in a more tech-specific meeting, preferably with Mikael present as he implemented messages.