Hackweek Spring 2020
Due to the CoViD-situation, we're having our Trustroots spring hackweek online-only.
For now, we're using our hackweek pad for planning. Please check-in there if you want to participate!
|UTC+2||Saturday 11th April||Sunday 12th April||Monday 13th April||Tuesday 14th April||Wednesday 15th April||Thursday 16th April||Friday 17th April||Saturday 18th April||Sunday 19th April|
|09:30–10:00||Check-in. Day presentation|
|11:00||References coding (mumble)||#Translating|
|12:00||#Migration to React||#References discussion|
|14:00||#Set up dev environment and enjoying the sun|
|19:00||#Code walkthrough||Free hacking|
Participants: Abel, Dario, Edvard, Ludovica, Marco, Mariano, Michal, Mikael, Nick
Setting up dev environment
everyone interested in getting started with development installs it on their own
- Client / React
- Testing / Jest
- Server / Node
Migration to React
Edvard, Dario, Nick
- Vision about References feature and current state of development
- also trust metrics, invitation only feature and other related things
Answering messages from the community – introduction to the support tools and common issues people have
Translating Trustroots to other languages
Getting started with our new translation tool Weblate
Joining Roots (Content)
In this call I would like to get to know everybody in our community that is interested in helping fostering Content creation. We will be then getting to know s little bit more of each other on a first moment and then when we are more familiarised with each we will start making the outlines of our project.
I have some ideas of what is it that we could work with and I'll leave them here for you to read.
but hey! Those are not in any way necessary to be answered in order to participate of the call. You may join without contributing to it, tho I'm really looking forward to that! The idea is just to give you a script, so that you can prepare yourself, for what I have in mind to it.
I came up with the following:
- An introduction
Who are you? What do you do for living? How have you heard of Trustroots? for how long have you been involved? Would you like to participate on this project creating some kind of content, if so what would it be ?
- Roots of Trust Highlight Stories
Have you ever met in person anyone of the Trustroots community? What's the story behind it? Have that person received you in their house? What was something funny that happened?
- The Roots that stood the Pandemia
How are you holding up on this new scenario that our world is facing? How is life now where you live? What has been the toughest for you?
- I have a dream that in Trustroots there will be ________ .
(Sessions marked in green will happen in Jitsi, the rest probably in Mumble)
- Text chat: #collective channel on our slack workspace
- Voice chat: #trustroots channel on ecotopia's mumble server
- Video chat: https://meet.collective.tools/trustroots (public Jitsi Meet instance, works in browser)
- Pair programming: Visual Studio Code with Live Share Extension
- Stream (open in browser or media player)
- see/edit playlist
- add music (e.g. with filezilla) to sftp://trustroots:97HeN0iLXWa2@stream.abovethebeat.com