Difference between revisions of "Guide to punk"
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
=== [[Japan]] ===
=== [[Japan]] ===
=== [[Malaysia]] ===
=== [[Malaysia]] ===
=== [[Philippines]] ===
=== [[Philippines]] ===
=== [[South Korea]] ===
=== [[South Korea]] ===
Revision as of 11:30, 17 March 2010
This page was originally created by users of the Punk Rock Group to provide punk travellers an access to the local scenes. So for your convenience you find a list below that consists of links to sites where you can find out what to do or who to see at the place you're going to.
Let's keep this page as DIY as possible, remember : punk rock is not for sale! (And another important thing: Keep Myspace out of punk!)
If you can help, please do. If your country isn't yet in the list, just create a new paragraph, or even a regional sub-chapter.
- http://www.houseshowdatabase.com/ : A guide to alternative venues all over the states
- http://www.abcnorio.org/ : ABC No Rio is a collectively-run center for art and activism
- http://anarcopunknoticias.blogspot.com/ : all about anarchopunk in America latina
http://www.myspace.com/hatirecs (Based in Borneo,booking Southeast Asia tour)
- http://www.myspace.com/soeultari : DIY punkrock show organizer
- http://brokeinkorea.proboards.com/ : english web board on korean punk scene. people who are posting here are disgusting expats.
- http://blackrosebooks.org/ : Black Rose Anarchist Library and Bookshop
- http://jura.org.au/ : Jura Books
- http://squat.net/shac/index.html : Sydney Housing Action Collective
- www.bikesarefun.org/ : Critical Mass Sydney
- http://mac.anarchobase.com/, Melbourne Anarchist Club, venue, infoshop and events
- http://loopholecommunitycentre.org/node/827 Community/ Social center with Library, kitchen, bike workshop, urban gardening, concerts and Food not Bombs
- http://barricade.org.au/news/- anarchist bookshop- located in loophole from november 2009.
- Irenes Community warehouse- Food not bombs cooking, mondays and tuesdays, from 10am and 4pm, free computer access, workshops, artspace and concerts
- http://www.melbourne.foe.org.au/ Friends of the Earth, with cheap food, environmental shop, food co-operative, environmental projects.
- http://thearthouse.com/ The Arthouse, Bar with alternative concerts
- Squats are everywhere, you just need to find a person and ask, they are houses not social centers.
- http://radar.squat.net/ : stuffs to do in your punk life in Europe
- http://squat.net : news about squatting in Europe
- http://abb.hardcore.lt/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=10&Itemid=60 : Eastern European links @ the Abolishing the Borders from Below site
- http://www.med-user.net/~ekh/ : EKH, famous austrian squat
- http://belarus.indymedia.org/ : Indymedia Belarus
- http://www.375crew.org/ : d.i.y. political punk/hardcore culture of Belarus
- http://belarus.avtonom.org/ : Autonomous action
- http://fnbminsk.noblogs.org/: FoodNotBombs Minsk
- squatthebelarus A T riseup.net : Squatters' movement of Minsk
- http://kairos.noblogs.org/: Kairos - libertarian analytic blog
- http://anarchistory.boom.ru/: - history of anarchy in Belarus
- http://tryznas-kefiras.noblogs.org/ : Tryznas kefiras zine
- http://eatyourselfcrew.ucoz.ru/ : Eat Yourself Crew
- http://www.svabodny.kantakt.net/: Free Theatre - anarchist theatre from city of Brest
- http://www.freewebs.com/lappersfort/ : Forest occupation
- http://www.chauvesouris.collectifs.net/ : a squat
- http://www.osvajanjeslobode.bravehost.com/ : anarchist info
- http://www.diy.aresistance.net/ : d.i.y. anarchopunk webzine
According to those people :
" OK, so the situation in Bulgaria is very different than in the other European countries.
There are no squats and autonomous centres!
There are problems with Nazis in cities like Sofia and Plovdiv, so you have to be very aware of this, especially if you're with a mohawk and dress like a punk.
Varna was much better, but the only DIY punk club was closed by the police two months ago and there is nothing happening right now there.
Bulgarian and Serbian are the most untolerant to gay people societies in Europe. 80% of Bulgarians are homophobes and some kind of nationalists. Punk shows are two types: completely apolitical or nazi-friendly. The hardcore scene is into tough guy macho beatdown or NYHC stuff without political messages. Very patriotic, sexist and homophobe.
There are environmentalist with a hippie attitude, some rastas and drum&bass fans that are cool people, but don't have any relevant political culture. There are bikers and they have a NGO called Bikevolution, they're cool people, but normal looking people with prejudices on punx with mohawks etc."
Unfortunately, my short experience there confirm this more or less :(
- http://a-bg.net/new/ : anarchist portal
- http://www.myspace.com/monteparadisopula http://squat.net/monteparadiso/ - squat with gigs, film screenings etc.
- http://www.hranaaneoruzje.net/ : Food Not Bombs
- http://pierottijeva11.org/info : Autonomous cultural center
- http://milada.org/zpravodajstvi/category/english : squat in Praha since 1998 (evicted)
- http://kk.czechcore.cz/index.php?english : anarchist cafe/infoshop
- http://squat.net/praha/ : squatblog
- http://www.ungdomshuset.dk/spip.php?page=english : a famous squat that was evicted, now a new social centre/venue
- http://www.dortheavej-61.dk/ the new website of the new ungdomshuset, Overdrevet with concerts, peoples kitchen on thursdays, yoga, book cafe and other projects.
- http://www.myspace.com/copenhagenunderground : underground music info site
- http://www.bolsjefabrikken.com/ The candy factory, workshop spaces, cinema, peoples kitchen, recording rooms, free shop (at a new location so things are still being completed NOV 2009)
- Bumzen- Old squat, now legal and with 2 collectives living there. Vegan peoples kitchen on wednesday, space for visitors, concerts. Baldersgade 20-22 nørrebro (south of nørrebro station)
- Folkets Hus, The peoples house with collective cafe, peoples kitchen (mondays from 630pm) Queer films on sundays, concerts and meeting spaces. With Cafe underkonstruktion http://underkonstruktion.dk/ Stengade 50, Nørrebro
- KafaX, Peoples kitchen on tuesdays from 7pm, free shop, meeting space and food co-operative on Wednesdays. Korsgade 19, Nørrebro, close to the lakes.
- Solidaritetshuset, Solidarity house, Material for sale, projects, meetings and events. Griffenfeldsgade 41, Nørrebro (close to Folkets Hus)
- http://www.1000fryd.dk 1000fryd is a social center @ Kattesundet 10. Concerts, peoples kitchen, meetings.. everything happens here only!
- http://www.hxc.pri.ee/ http://www.myspace.com/eestihardcore) : Estonian hardcore portal
- http://punkar.pri.ee/ : discussion forum
- http://www.rockiklubi.ee/ : the best DIY venue in Estonia (on the border with Latvia)
- http://www.punkinfinland.net/ http://www.myspace.com/punkinfinland : Finnish punk info site
- http://www.punkinfinland.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=6 : a gig info thread with the first message listing nearly all punk gigs around Finland
- http://www.punkinlapland.net/community/ : United punk scene in Northern-Scandinavia
- http://takku.net/calendar/ : an event calendar @ a d.i.y. media project site
- http://kimppa.net/English/Default_eng.aspx : autostop/car-sharing
- http://tresquat.net/ : Finnish information channel about squatting
- http://www.myspace.com/oranssiklubi : an old squatter organization doing punk/indie shows (no age limit, no alcohol served), people's kitchen, vegan cafe and other stuff, too, whenever they have a place
- http://fireinsidemusic.com/shop/info_english.htm : a punk shop
- http://www.myspace.com/roosterpub : a hardcore/punk pub
- http://www.lprhardcore.net/ : info site
- http://www.vastavirta.net/ : a really nice punk cafe/bar/venue
- http://www.puntala-rock.com/ : an open air punk festival held near Tampere in July
- http://www.myspace.com/tvoturku : probably the oldest d.i.y. venue in the whole country (having done shows since the 1950s), run by university students and punks
- http://www.myspace.com/turkupunk : a hardcore punk festival held in May
- http://www.myspace.com/palavaporkkana : a vegan people's kitchen/infoshop collective
- http://www.ykanpub.com/ : an old scruffy pub with punk gigs every now and then.
- http://dynamite.lautre.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=4 : Show announcements
- http://www.punk-hardcore.info/ : punk hardcore, and more, in france and everywhere
- http://www.theyliewedie.org/ : anarcho-punk portal
- http://infokiosques.net/ : infoshops & stuff
- http://www.myspace.com/squatsaintrock : small but nice punk squat (evicted)
- http://letincelle.over-blog.org/ : social center
- http://troglobal.waloomaloo.com : a kind of self managed village...
- http://marsattack16.free.fr/ : a punk bar/venue
- http://www.atheneelibertaire.net/ : a kinda social center. political music welcome
- http://penkalet.info/index.htm : a kind of self managed cultural center
- http://www.anartoka.com/squat/portal.php : about squats in Caen
- http://grenoble.indymedia.org/spip.php?page=agenda : Indymedia Grenoble calendar telling you what's going on in the city
- http://www.lustucrust.org/ : Grenoble punk info site
- http://www.lustucrust.org/localautogere_presentation.html/ : an anarchist/punk infoshop
- http://www.le102.net/ : an autonomous social/cultural center/venue
- http://www.bibliothequeantigone.org/ : an autonomous library/cafe/infoshop/social center
- http://www.brassicanigra.org/agenda/ : an event calendar with links to places and collectives of interest in the city
- http://squat.net/tanneries/ : a huge political squat/social center, the oldest still functioning squat in France
- http://malokadistro.com/ : 20-year old anarcho punk collective packing a large distro and doing a lot of concerts
- http://rebellyon.info/ : an event calendar with alternative radical political infos for Lyon
- http://www.grrrndzero.org/ : two separate venues for musical and other cultural activities
- http://laluttine.free.fr/ : a DIY punk infoshop open on Saturdays
- http://ctx-n-flrs.zikforum.com/infos-concerts-et-albums-f3/ : Punk show forum
- http://lamiroit.free.fr/ : squat with concerts in Paris
- http://la.france.pue.free.fr/new/accueil.htm : booker and distro
- http://www.lasourcefurieuse.org/ : punk collective
- http://sainteunderground.free.fr/ : St Etienne underground forum (french only)
- http://collectif.valette.free.fr/ : Self managed village in the middle of nowhere (a big punk festival once a year)
- http://toulouse.indymedia.org/spip.php?page=agenda : Toulouse Indymedia event calendar with links to local collectives
- http://www.olibanum.org/ :a squat/social centre with concerts and other stuff
- http://infokiosques.net/kioskarnaudben : an infoshop with library, internet, coffee, etc.
- http://www.panx.net/ : Toulouse punk network infosite
- http://lavictoireestanous.blogspot.com/ : squatted social center
- LE SEUL PROBLEME self-managed social center. 46 rue Consolat / 13001 Marseille.
- du mardi au vendredi : 14h - 20h
- samedi : 10h30 - 19h
- dimanche : 14h - 20h
- http://knox.p-u-n-k.de/db/ : Concert database
- http://stressfaktor.squat.net/ : an extensive underground guide/program calendar for berlin, with pretty much all diy concerts, people's kitchens and other activities
- http://www.wasteofmind.de/berlin/berlin.php : punkrock/hardcore ezine
- http://www.myspace.com/cafemorgenrot/ : a really nice punk cafe/bar that holds a famous vegan/vegetarian brunch on weekends and has a small venue in the basement
- http://koepi137.net/ : a very famous and huge punk house project with bars, two venues, discos, films screenings etc.
- http://www.myspace.com/scharni38/ : a punk house project with a bar and a small venue in the basement
- http://squat.net/liebig34/ : a queer/anarchafeminist punk house project with a bar and a small venue
- http://erinyen.blogspot.com/ : anarcha-feminist collective
All in all, just walk around in Friedrichshain, especially down Rigaerstraße, and you'll come across plenty of old squats/house projects with bars and venues and all kinds of political activities.
- http://www.hafermarktflensburg.de/ : punk rock's house !!
- Bewegungsmelder - Shows, parties, politics
- Hamburgpunk - Dates (mostly concerts), Forum, Gossip (not always up to date)
- http://www.altemeierei.de/tiki-start.php : hausprojekt with cofee and venue since 1983
- http://www.walli-bleibt.de/ : wagen burg with coffee, bar an venue
- http://athens.indymedia.org/ : Indimedia is the main way of anarchist counterinformation in greece
- http://athens.indymedia.org/calendar/ : just the calendar (google translate may help)
- http://kataramenosyndromo.com/ : DIY punk rock collective
- http://villa-amalias.blogspot.com/ : squat organising punk gigs
- the best way to meet punks in athens is still to hang around Exarhia in the evening. The "punk" meeting spot is Mesonligiou but it worth to check out the Parko (self managed recclaimed area where people destroyed a car park to build up a public parc) 50 meters up on Navarinou.
- http://accionmutantecollective.blogspot.com/ : punk collective
- http://anarxikoikavalas.blogspot.com/ : anarchist infos
- http://www.myspace.com/streetattacksquad: Street Attack, a punk squat
- a good way to meet punks an other "alternative" people in Thessaloniki is to go at the place called "Rotode" is a famous youth gathering where police is not welcome
- there are also a few squatted venues inside the university: Steki Sto Biologiko...
- http://www.socialdisease.tk/ : anarchist punk collective
- http://www.myspace.com/dreamlongdeadbooking : booking/shows
- http://milano.tonight.eu/locali/centri_sociali : Alternative venues in Milan
- NEKAC : d.i.y. center with shows and stuff
- http://www.xs4all.nl/~binnenpr/ : Binnenpret - Cultureel complex in Amsterdam-Zuid
- http://ot301.nl/ : Overtoom301
- http://swomp.wordpress.com/ : Freestate SWOMP
- http://www.vrankrijk.org/ : Vrankrijk, queer squat
- http://www.everyoneweb.com/presentation_tier/Index.aspx?WebID=piratenbar&BoomID=B1&KnooppuntID=K486&KnoopOpen=True : Pirate social center in Scheveningen
- http://koppenhinksteeg.nl/ : Koppenhinksteeg - Bar, cafe, freeshop, offices, venue
- http://www.multipleks.org/ : Multipleks - Freespace
- http://www.poortgebouw.nl/ : Poortgebouw - Cafe, gigs, living group
- http://www.wormweb.nl/ : Worm - Alternative music venue
- ACU - politiek cultureel centrum (former squat which managed to keep the anarchist atmosphere in a professional setting)
- Db's - a big complex with lots of rehearsal rooms, a small concert hall and a studio. Programs a ot of underground acts
- http://www.blitz.no/ : an old squat with political activities, vegan/vegetarian cafe and punk shows
- http://www.hard-core.pl/ : check out the forum, there you can find all gigs and what's going on in Poland
- http://zakazny.110mb.com/ : squatted venue in Biała Podlaska
- http://elektromadonna.bzzz.net/ : old nice squat in a boring town
- http://www.krzyk.gliwice.com/ : squat in Gliwice
- http://tektura.wordpress.com/ : DIY cultural center in Lublin
- http://www.myspace.com/falodz http://www.czsz.bzzz.net/czarny/ : anarchist site with news, calendar etc.
- http://www.myspace.com/vlodz http://k50squat.blogspot.com/ : squat with concerts etc.
- http://www.rozbrat.org/ : the oldest squat in Poland, with concerts and more...
- http://www.pilon.pl/ harcore punk anarcho cafe bar
- http://infotrouble.blogspot.com/ : independent newsletter of warsaw
- http://www.elba.bzzz.net/ : The only squat/punk social center in warszawa
- http://www.u-f-a.pl/ : nice place, nice people, some concerts and other "punk" activities
- http://cykloza.waw.pl/ : a vegan bikepunk cafe just in the centre of warsaw
- http://www.myspace.com/nocwalpurgii : queer feminist hc/punk festival
- http://crk-wro.info/ : legal squat in Wrocław
- http://www.aro.ecobytes.net/lovekills/ : anarcho-feminist collective
- http://www.myspace.com/thrashsilvania : political hc/punk collective doing shows & stuff
- http://squat.anho.org/ : squatting info
- http://www.avtonom.org/ : autonomous action
- http://www.duplo.narod.ru/ - cultural center & alternative movie club
- http://www.bilbaorockcity.com/ : all rock concerts in Basque Country including underground shows
- http://www.kukutza.net/ : biggest skuat in Bilbao
- http://www.blogari.net/itzubaltzeta : other skuat/social center
- http://www.myspace.com/klubbgrazonen : a hc/punk collective doing shows in Fullersta (an anarchist house located in a Stockholm suburb)
- http://www.myspace.com/279659016 : a queer feminist bookstore carrying also zines, underground comics, curiosities and whatnot, occasionally having film screenings and other cool stuff, too
- http://kadterschmiede.squat.net/espaceautogere/ : bar, gigs, infoshop etc. in a squat
- http://www.noizine.net/ : Turkish DIY Punk/Hardcore/Noize Community
- http://www.brightonzinefest.co.uk/ : Brighton zinefest - Also organise monthly zine socials
- http://cowleyclub.org.uk/ : Cowley Club - A collectively run libertarian social centre. 12 London Road
- http://cranks.org.uk/ : Cranks - A DIY bicycle workshop
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/huw/props_edgeworld.shtml : Edgeworld - Independent record shop
- http://www.infinityfoodsretail.co.uk/ : Infinity - Centrally located organic wholefoods shop run by workers' co-op
- http://www.myspace.com/punkerbunker : Punker Bunker - A punk record shop and gig organizor. 34 Sydney St. North Laines
- http://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/ : Resource Centre - Cheap equipment and printing etc
- http://www.myspace.com/tattyseasidetown : Tatty Seaside Town - Organizes gigs
- http://www.protectourwoodland.co.uk/ : Titnore Woods Protest Site
- http://comutiny.wordpress.com/ : Bristol Co- Mutiny
- http://www.56a.org.uk/ : 56a - A radical social centre since 1991
- http://www.eroding.org.uk/ : Eroding Empire - punk/anarchy listings for London
- http://infousurpa.co.nr/ : London Infousurpa
- http://londonscn.wordpress.com/ : London social centres network
- http://www.myspace.com/queermutinylondon : Queer Mutiny - anarchist queers
- http://therampart.wordpress.com/ : Rampart social centre
- http://www.myspace.com/fungalpunk : FungalPunk - diy punk gigs
- http://www.myspace.com/slitrecords : Slit Promotions - Ska/ punk / hardcore gigs
- http://www.myspace.com/gashcollective : Gash Collective - Underground DIY punk gigs/parties/raves
- http://www.myspace.com/sayittomyface : Say it to my face - punk/grindcore/hardcore gigs
- http://www.myspace.com/anarchisticundertones : Anarchistic Undertones - DIY punk/ska/harcore
- http://www.myspace.com/manchesterpunx : Manchester Punx
- http://www.myspace.com/mutinymanchester : Mutiny Manchester - Hardcore/Metal/Punk gigs
- http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1385514487 : Punk gigs in Manchester Facebook
- http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=703395004 : No particular Promotions ( gamberro )