A page to help you to learn (modern) Greek language. Please keep this page filled with free stuff only to keep equal access for everyone.
Websites to learn Greek
Following, some free websites recomended :
- www.loecsen.com: all the basics with audio, text and animation.
- Kypros.org : has script, audio and grammar explaination.
- Institute for Language and Speech Processing (ILSP) : It seems rather useful for begginers with knowledge of english.
- a thematic podcasts base "For people on medium level in greek i have created this podcast"
- Modern Greek Dictionary : A very analytical and useful website , with more than one dictionaries and links for greek content and free books.
Learning greek in Greece
The CS "Learning greek in Athens" group organise randomly meetings to learn and practice greek.
There are also several free lessons in Athens and in other big cities, please add informations about these places. Notice that is usualy meant for immigrants.
- At the media shcool (EMME, Καλαμιώτου 2), every monday from 7pm to 9pm(two levels)
- At the occupied open market of Kipseli (ΝΕΓΡΗ Φ. 42), from Monday to Friday, at 7:30pm. Contact for more infos.
- At Tsamadou 13(in Exarhia), from Monday to Friday from 6pm to 8pm
- Nosotros (Steki in Exarhia, Themistokleous 66) gives free lessons
- Add what you know here...
Related hospex groups
- Portal for the Greek Language (modern & ancient)
- A virtual greek keyboard and a translator machine on the same page
- Modern Greek Grammar Lessons
- Pour le vocabulaire de base sur Maatala
- Grammaire grecque pour debutants
- Cours de grec moderne sur HelloNet