Meeting Minutes/2021-01-10 Regular Meeting

[[Wiki.trustroots.org]] is an independent wiki with information for people who are actively exchanging hospitality.
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes

Date: 2021-01-10 16:00 UTC

Facilitator: Tanja

Present: Chagai, Ivan, Shawn, Ludovica, Lex


Agenda

  • Hellos and checking in.
  • Last week's Action Points (10 minutes):
    • If someone else want to join @chagai, @farbenrausch and @oded on the project of improving safety for members with the use of videocalls, contact @chagai.
    • Those who want to help out with social media, join #communication.
    • @Chagai is going to help out with the technical part of including the donating-photo-form to the Trustroots platform.
    • The dev2 is broken, is there anyone who can fix it? https://github.com/Trustroots/trustroots-debops Join #tech.
    • The newsletter is going to drafted in Wordpress, Mailpoet, instead of Mailtrain from now on.
    • In the “behind the screen sessions” three TR members joined, two members are joining the volunteer team.
    • @Shawn is going to set up a returning digital meeting/event every now and then for members to join.
    • For contributions for the January newsletter contact @Shawn or @Jans
    • @Chagai is trying to setting up a temporary testing server so we can test the experience tool there.
  • New topics / questions
    • @Chagai is recording this meeting to upload it later to Slack.
    • @Farbenrausch, @Loberto, @Rumwerfer, @Ludovica and @Oded are currently active as support/safety members.
    • @Chagai suggest to remove non-active members from Zendesk to make room for new volunteers #support.
    • @Chagai mentioned it would be great if someone is interested to created a better version of the current Dev2 #devops. Sabrina, member who joined “behind the screen sessions” is interested in joining the team to help out with translations.
    • @Tanja posted a proposition about how to include the “photo donation form” on the website in #communication
    • @Chagai brings up the matrix system and the possibilities again. @Shawn suggest to do a case study. We’re discussing two fuctions: chat and forum and channel. @Ludovica explains there was a forum but moderating became to difficult. @Chagai would like a chat for circles so members can connect with likeminded members. @Lex notes joining a circle now only results in seeing who has equal interests, there’s no possibility to connect with multiple circle members at the same time. @Chagai explains circle channels could be used to share messages from the team directly to circle members.
  • Action points and outcomes
    • @Chagai posted a proposition about how to suggest a videocall to members in #support.
    • @Shawn is in contact with Sabrina and will check up on her.
    • @Shawn is going to set up a “Friday happy hour” for our members.
  • Pick facilitator for next meeting


Next Date: January 17, 16:00 UTC