Meeting Minutes/2020-08-28 Regular Meeting

[[Wiki.trustroots.org]] is an independent wiki with information for people who are actively exchanging hospitality.
Jump to: navigation, search

Trustroots Meeting

  • Date: 2020-08-28 16:00 UTC
  • Facilitator: Martin A.
  • Present: Chagai, Hlib, Martin A.

Agenda

  • Hellos and checking in.
  • Last week's Action Points (10 minutes):
    • Doodle for new meeting time /Martin A.
      • Meeting time changed to Fridays at 16:00 UTC for now.
    • Donate page update /Martin A.
      • Text is ready, next week Martin A. and Chagai will have a look at the layout etc.
    • Sent a message to Paula re: her point left on the agenda. /Martin A.
    • Shawn will work on blogpost for rollout of Experiences (Formerly known as references)
      • Update is that i have accumulated information from Noahs statements and the converstions on slack and am waiting to see the feature finalized to write the draft. anyone js welcome to edit and help. Any timeline on rolling it out? /Shawn
        • The timeline is unclear at the moment, but the first release might not be all too far into the future. From a couple of weeks to a couple of months :)
        • Probably good to have it ready beforehand anyway.
    • Loberto will help facilitate the Anarchist request to describe what Anarchy is all about on the circle page. - Updates?
      • Was this about the text or the image (or both) on the page? /Martin A.
  • Your talking point here :)
    • Thoughts on P2 /Martin A.
      • Would potentially work well as a tool for semi-permanent documentation. I.e. where things discussed in the volunteer chat is gathered and things then organised and moved along.
        • For most projects there will probably be a need for somebody to take the (unofficial) responsibility as an idea needs to be pushed a bit to get done.
      • Potentially P2 could also be used as a place for permanent documentation.
        • Martin will create mockups on the Wiki and P2 at some stage so we can compare them.
      • Testing P2 simultaneous editing is also needed to see if it would work to replace Codi altogether (for meeting minutes etc.)
        • Is the Codi history function relevant, and does something similar exist in P2?
    • Updates on new Code of Conduct
      • Point not really talked about, pushed ahead to next week.
  • Additional topics/questions
    • Chagai mentions the idea of bridging/creating a WA group etc. As it's something he's interested in he'll likely tip away with it on his freetime and when done we can try and see where it goes.
    • Hlib will write Aleksandar to give a bit of a tech welcome and also see if it'd be possible to organise a tech videocall re: experiences next week, preferably organising with Mikael and Noah.
  • Pick facilitator for next meeting

---

Action points and outcomes

  • Next Date: September 04th 2020, 16:00 UTC
  • Next Facilitator: TBD
  • As relatively evident, the weekly meeting has been shifted to Fridays 16:00 UTC.
  • Martin A. and Chagai will have a look at the new donation page layout, hopefully during next week.
  • Shawn has prepared things for writing the draft for a blog post re: Experiences. Help and/or reviewing welcome!
  • Martin A. will keep exploring P2 and the organisation of permanent documentation/project management. Especially in view of making the process transparent and easy for new volunteers.
  • Hlib will write Aleksandar re: tech and see if it's possible to organise a videocall re: experiences with those interested in the tech side (pinging Mikael, Noah and Chagai there).