Meeting Minutes/2020-07-13 Regular Meeting

[[Wiki.trustroots.org]] is an independent wiki with information for people who are actively exchanging hospitality.
Jump to: navigation, search

Trustroots Meeting

  • Date: 2020-07-13 16:00 UTC
  • Facilitator: Loberto
  • Present: Chagai, Loberto, Mariano, Martin A., Michael, Mikael, Paula, Shawn

Agenda

  • Hellos and checkin.
  • Do we want to record?
    • Nope, we asked at the call. :-)
    • Needs concensus for each call
    • Let's keep good notes
    • Chagai brings up Jitsi example where they record videos, publish on youtube and since it's so accessible, it's easier for new folks to join in since they see the energy.
  • we haven't really changed time for a few weeks.. should we? /Loberto
    • sticking to 16 UTC for now so that everyone can join
    • earlier time is more inclusive for south-america
  • Last weeks points:
      • More discussion is needed to see the desire to record meeting
      • We'll keep talking about it in Slack
    • Shawn will look into seeing how to promote events with the most active users, maybe writing info for a Newsletter
      • Currently working on it, ish..
      • Mikael to ping about something he might be able to help it. :-)
      • Use social media to reach out
      • Get data on active users
    • Chagai will implement a test bridge between Slack and one other platform
      • Chagai is working on it.
      • jitsi instance first up.
      • No chat in jitsi :-( We can use Slack!
    • VA Team is gathering info to share around: regular calls, volunteers map, and those outside of slack.
      • Feeling a bit like forward progress is slow but step by step moving forward nevertheless!
    • If you use Codi, keep an eye out for a Best Practices handout
      • pending progress
    • Efforts are going towards Documentation, so start documenting things done, changes made, etc
      • Martin A. will look into creating a Guide for Guides.
    • If things worth noting happen, let's share them in the Weekly meeting (add them to the Agenda)
    • Maybe we should make a call for more Devs in the next Newsletter
      • No space in next newsletter
      • Blast short blurb to social media for call for developers /Mikael
    • Could be good to keep "call for volunteers" in each newsletter. Just food for thought!
  • Do we want to add a review of last week's action points as a standard meeting point? Keeping up with what has been decided and so on. /Martin A.
    • Sandboxing the time to 10mins or so might be good?
    • Focusing on things that weren't done yet or especially those that are blocked would be good
    • Take notes on Codi first whenever possible and then it's faster to go through it.
  • This already happened so we can skip....Chagai wanted to talk about creating a jitsi/riot instance at .trustroots.org. Either briefly here or organising a specific meeting if needed.
  • Next up going out: newsletter/blog-posts/tribes-rename? /Mikael
    • Need help with anything? Need help with actually sending the newsletter.
    • Mikael can learn this up and will make it a grou-learning session/record screen.
    • NDA needed for the access to email addresses when sending the newsletter.
  • Audit on tools and resources we have an where is it documented?/Paula
    • Until now knowledge just gets passed from person to person; documenting some tools and routines is of course welcome!
    • All docs we have are at https://team.trustroots.org (to update content)
    • Martin A. has a list of non-techie tools, somewhere :)
  • Team volunteer documentation
  • Using project management tool like ClickUp? /Paula
    • A tool for non-techies :-)
    • Unlimited users for free
    • Team tested Github a bit for non-tech use
    • Loberto could be test person for testing out Github for project management
    • Mikael recoomends just to experiment with tools — it's better if these are free for starters, but in longer term we can even pay reasonable prices for some tools (like we do for development/servers). We're doing similar experimentation with different call tools right now — each week trying something new. :-)
    • Martin A. will be able to have a proper look at GitHub and how to adapt it to non-tech people (workflow etc.) in the next week or two.
  • Slack Best Pracices according to Loberto =)
    • Loberto would like public permission to police about threads and using right channels for right topics (reminded about #random)
    • Everyone is cool with this :-)
  • Unique Safehaven status for hosters during Quarantine? /Mariano
    • good for PR and chance to promote for media? /Chagai
    • Technically reduntant work?
    • Bringing this up via social media might be easiest we can do — connecting folks in groups? easiest small thing we can do
    • As an example Airbnb has similar iniatitive for refugees from two years ago
    • We might little bit late on this — efforts put on social media and connecting with Argentina nomads could be good?
    • there are existing projects that work in this area, let's connect with them and spread their awareness via social media

- There's a call for new volunteers Thu/Fri?

  • - Should we reach out for recent new volunteers that have been a bit active but then dropped out? /Martin A.
  • - Reach out to volunteers all the way up to big changes at CouchSurfing
  • Your talking point here :)
  • Additional topics/questions
  • Pick facilitator for next meeting
    • I'm up /Mariano

Action points and outcomes

  • Next Date: July 20th 2020, 16:00 UTC
  • Next Facilitator: Mariano
  • For recording video calls we need to discuss it more to see interest, set up the how-to, and also check for consensus in each call.
  • Future weekly meetings will be held on Mondays at 16:00 UTC only (no shifting time).
  • Shawn will look into seeing how to promote events with the most active users, maybe writing info for a Newsletter. Mikael might ping him in relation to this.
  • Chagai will implement a test bridge between Slack and one other platform. Jitsi first up!
  • VA will continue with documentation etc. (Martin A. will look into creating a Guide for Guides.)
  • If you use Codi, keep an eye out for a Best Practices handout
  • Mikael will blast a short blurb to social media for call for developers
  • We'll add going through last meeting's action points to the agenda as a standard point.
    • Perhaps keeping it around 10 minutes and focussing on what hasn't been done/are blocked.
    • If there are updates during the week comments can be added to Codi to speed things up.
  • We will need to figure out how to send newsletters. A couple of people should know how to do it to not create dependency/stress.
  • VA team will go through Volunteer instructions, improve on them and create a volunteer guide of sorts. (+ relevant docs for tools)
  • We will try out ClickUp and GitHub for project management and use Loberto as a guinea pig to see what works for a non-tech person.
  • Loberto is crowned Slack Police and all are cool with that.
  • For people trapped due to lockdown we can refer to the existing projects that work in the area. Bringing it up on social media might be the fastest way of getting it done (seeing as, hopefully, the lockdown will not last all that much more).
  • For next week's New Volunteer meeting we should reach out to volunteers that have joined since the CS paywall and also post a note in #general.