Date: 2020-03-30 15:30 UTC Facilitator:
Mikael Abel Participants: Nick, Abel, Noah, Dario, Mariano (later)
- how to do online hackweek!
- Visual studio code sharing might be a good tool
- use a audio chat: mumble? discord?
- Give discord a try
- having a schedule or agenda for the hackweek -> create wiki page for agenda (@Abel)
- engagement of volunteers / newcomers
- Setting up a welcome session for newcomers
- set goals for the hackweek
- filter out from hackweek pad, and send another message to new volunteers with these goals
- have 1 or more people that can be contacted about the goals to get more info
- shared working sessions (before hackweek, about hackweek, etc...)
- late morning of 31st march? -> slack
- translations (mrkvon)
- https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/trustroots -> there are already some transtaltions being done -> ask Michal
- Clarify who is managing that weblate instance
- Other technologies can be OK
- We should find a translation monitor / coordinator
- Note: translations can be difficult to mantain and coordinate in the long-term. It can be energy taking and that energy could go to somewhere else.
- fresh update: Weblate just said is up and we are ready to go!
- survey findings (Abel)
- References is a highly demanded feature
- other demands:
- better comunication in tribes
- better meeting feature
- reply directly from email to messages
- More inventive approach than classical networks
- let people know that references is not a clear mark of safety.
- idea of making network from contacts (e.g. showing contacts of contacts - https://github.com/Trustroots/trustroots/issues/805)
- (the mega issue https://github.com/Trustroots/trustroots/issues/718)
- Abel will try to sum up all the input before the hackweek and present a session about it in the hackweek.
- Maybe, Mikael could try to write down the reference idea?
- open-source chat? -> alternative to Slack
- Make a list / roadmap of tools we are using -> Nick
- Consider privacy-invaders services and closed source tools we are using
- maybe can write an answer at https://www.trustroots.org/faq/technology
- Slack might be a bad showcase and we can't know that some ppl might be willing to contribute but get desmotivated when they see they need to use Slack to join
- Ask Mikael's opinion on this
- Abel offers himself to see if we could have a hosted RocketChat by RocketChat and try it out.
- blog updating
- Note: survey respondants didn't find it very important. It might be because there's already not much content though
- Would be nice to add more content on it
- Mariano would like to help.
- Tackle it on the hackweek. Maybe even only philosophical talks
- shadowan feature
- it's partly done but it needs some fixes.
- Kanban github for triaging issues
- Use it for the hackweek. (also great to visualize progress)
Next Date: 2020-04-06 17:00 UTC+1 Next Facilitator: Nick