- 1 Trustroots Meeting
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Next meeting
- Date: 2020-01-13 17:00 UTC+1
- Facilitator: Dario
- Participants: Noah, Nick, Dario, Michal
- dudle mentions 2/3 weeks, nick's feeling was 1 week + weekends on either side
- noah: idea was to have one week for sure, then possibly stay longer
- nick is organizing the hackweek with kanthaus
- reserved 11th to 19th of april in the kanthaus calendar
- next step in organizing:
- decide on the date at the next meeting (also based on mikael's availability), so that we can send it out to interested people soon enough
Shadow ban feature
- should we do it? vs only suspending offending members.
- not as a one-for-all solution, only for specific cases
- restrict to cases where we can't help us otherwise, that would threat the community
- only shadow-ban if several safety team members agree to do that (as we do with suspending as well, anyway)
- question: why have both suspend and shadow-ban? answer: most transparency for each specific case
- what should we take care of?
- no messages actually go out
- profile hidden on map
- direct profile link doesnt show up
- messages from others won’t reach them
- hide FB / social media links of other people
- hide emails/links/phone numbers everywhere in other people's profiles
- they'd still see other people's profiles and hosting offers. :-( If we suspend them, they wouldn't.
- Communicating in rules/TOS that this is happening (?); how much details we want to give away about security features (both at site vs in code)?
- it's in the code! we should put it in the tos
- maybe mention that we have moderation tools without saying clearly that it's shadow banning
- who will take care of it?
- we should have it soon
- is Mikael volunteering to do that? if not, let the others know. nick might also interested in implementing
what is the state of references feature? (nick)
- 80% code done for listing references? https://github.com/Trustroots/trustroots/pull/918
- michal implemented it over a year ago (creating references works, is in master branch, but hidden)
- michal stopped a year ago. reasons:
- a lot of discussion, the goal was not clear, e.g. free-text vs. positive/negative rating
- lack of ui (we generally don't have anyone for design besides mikael)
- next steps:
- michal will make screenshots of the current implementation
- first discuss and settle on clear goals, before starting implementation again (michal might continue doing it, but is also ok with someone else taking over)
- let's discuss in existing issue https://github.com/Trustroots/trustroots/issues/718
Related to references feature — thoughts on balance between feature development vs framework?
- nick and michal: making develeoper's life easier might lead to more feature development in the future
- mikael can comment on that in the next meeting
status report of survey (noah):
- started to phrase some questions for the survey
- plan to get into details in the next 1.5 weeks
- will use the tool crowdsignal
- noah and dario are interested in some guidance where to start contributing to tr code
- nick offers to walk them through the code with a voice call in the next weeks
- Next Date: 2020-01-27 18:00 UTC+1
- Next Facilitator: Noah
- Mobile apps state
- Android; works
- iOS; can now be re-submitted, Mikael to own.
- Plans in future?