Here is a collection of information and resources to help people wanting to learn the modern Greek language. Please add you own useful links to preferably free stuff only, to keep equal access for everyone.
- 1 Related hospex groups
- 2 Online courses
- 3 Tools
- 4 Learning greek in Greece
- 5 More links
Related hospex groups
Just the essentials (with audio)
- www.loecsen.com: all the basics with audio, text and animation.
- Wiki-babel Free audio lessons, user-contributed
Interactive courses / online language exchange
Courses with audio
- Kypros.org : has script, audio and grammar explaination.
- a thematic podcasts base "For people on medium level in greek i have created this podcast"
- www.goethe-verlag.com Lessons in various languages with good audio, corrected exercices. Everything downloadable for free.
- Hellas Alive: podcast learning
- Institute for Language and Speech Processing (ILSP) : It seems rather useful for begginers with knowledge of english.
- Modern Greek Grammar Lessons: Website set up by a learner with nice and clear lessons and corrected crosswords as exercices to practice Bikepunk
- Τα Ελληνικά ως ξένη γλώσσα : PDF files
- the wikibook to learn modern greek
Traditional methods (not free)
- http://greek-english.com/ (with audio)
Transliteration Greeklish <-> Greek
- Google can transliterate as you type
- Another virtual greek keyboard + translator
Learning greek in Greece
The CS "Learning greek in Athens" group sometimes organises meetings to learn and practice greek.
There are also several free lessons in Athens and in other big cities, please add informations about these places. Notice that is usualy meant for immigrants.
- At the media shcool (EMME, Καλαμιώτου 2), every monday from 7pm to 9pm (two levels)
- At the occupied open market of Kipseli (ΝΕΓΡΗ Φ. 42), from Monday to Friday, at 7:30pm. Contact for more infos.
- At Tsamadou 13 (in Exarhia), from Monday to Friday from 6pm to 8pm
- Nosotros (Steki in Exarhia, Themistokleous 66) gives free lessons
- Add what you know here...
- Modern Greek Dictionary : A very analytical and useful website , with more than one dictionaries and links for greek content and free books.
- Free ebooks (including grammar and dictionaries)
- Pour le vocabulaire de base sur Maatala
- Grammaire grecque pour debutants
- Cours de grec moderne sur HelloNet