100 things to do In Christchurch
|New Zealand||Main pages||Places||Other links|
Auckland • Gisborne • Hamilton • Rotorua • Hastings • Napier • New Plymouth • Palmerston North • Taupo • Tauranga • Wellington • Blenheim • Christchurch • Dunedin • Kaikoura • Oamaru • Nelson • Golden Bay • Picton • Arthurs Pass • Aoraki/Mount Cook, Queenstown • Wanaka • Invercargill • The Catlins • New Zealand West Coast • Fiordland • Rakiura (Stewart Island)
Wondering what to do in Christchurch? Try a few of these...
(feel free to add to the list)
- Take a stroll through the Botanic Gardens
- Visit the Antarctic Centre
- Mountain bike through Bottle Lake Forest
- Go swimming at New Brighton Beach
- Appreciate the art at Christchurch Art Gallery
- Appreciate the art at Centre of Contemporary Arts Gallery (COCA) CLOSED until further notice
- Visit Canterbury Museum
- Play at the new Margaret Mahy Memorial Playground in the central city
- Stroll around the gardens in Halswell Quarry
- Feed the ducks on the Avon River
- Walk the Bridle Path over to the port town of Lyttelton
- Have a picnic in the gardens of Mona Vale
- Learn to ride a surfboard at New Brighton beach
- Walk out to the end of New Brighton pier on a stormy day with big waves.
- Visit Travis Wetland Heritage Park
- Walk the Port Hills-Crater Rim Walkway with great views of Lyttelton Harbour, Christchurch city, Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
- Watch sand artist Peter Donnelly create an amazing work on the beach below the New Brighton Pier , .
- Take a bus out to Sumner and walk along the Esplanade. Have a coffee in a funky cafe or an ice cream while watching the surfers at Scarborough beach.
- Go climbing at the YMCA climbing wall at 12 Hereford Street in the central city.
- Walk the Scarborough Track/Taylors Mistake Walk from Scarborough beach, Sumner
- Walk Mt Vernon Farm Track up the valley past the pylons for a stunning view of Mt Vernon
- Talk a relaxing stroll through Riccarton Bush - a quiet oasis of native forest in the city. Picnic in the Kahikatea Grove.
- Visit the Riccarton Market on a Sunday morning
- Hire a canoe from Antigua Boat Shed and paddle the Avon River through the Botanic Gardens
- Check out the Re:Start mall built from shipping containers
- Dance at the Dance-0-Mat
- Volunteer at Agropolis Urban Farm in the CBD
- Get your bike fixed at RAD bikes
- Visit The Commons community space
- Create music at The Sound Garden